We are Visual Meta, a successful and growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a central office in the middle of Berlin, we run 14 comparison shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. Together, the sites drive 700,000 sessions a day, lists 130mio offers from many thousand online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love. We offer the professionalism of an established company and the culture of a startup.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers. We create reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team that thrives to stay ahead of the curve and contributes brilliant ideas to fulfill this vision. Everyone of our 260 employees plays a vital role in our story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team.
At Visual Meta Business Labs, we are committed to build the next generation of e-commerce tools and technologies. We are part of Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011.
Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup.
Your mission at Visual Meta? As Full Stack Developer in our Business Labs team you will have the responsibility of designing and building solutions for our new products and businesses as well as acting as a gatekeeper for new technologies and frameworks.
Your challenges and tasks
- You define and develop the most appropriate architecture to build our new business ideas
- You choose the most suitable technology stack for the task, in cooperation with your teammates
- You scale and enhance the project in close cooperation with the business side
- You are a gatekeeper for new technologies and frameworks
- Your challenges are not caused by legacy code - they are created by growth and business demand
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- You continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- You possess an university degree in engineering, computer science or similar
- You bring at least 2-3 Years of relevant work experience as a developer, ideally frontend and backend experiences
- You have an understanding of agile product development
- You possess a strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You have fluent English skills
- You possess experiences in writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework
- You bring the following technology knowledge:
- Proven development experience with Java and a good understanding of Spring framework
- ES6 / TypeScript, Framework (e.g. s Angular.js / React.js + Redux), Test framework (e.g. s Jasmine / Mocka + Sinon + C), Task runner (e.g. s Webpack / Gulp / Gru)
- CSS: Sass and Experience of OOCSS / SMACSS / BEM
What we offer
- We offer you a competitive salary package.
- We innovate, build products that matter and support entrepreneurial spirit and initiative.
- We love diversity - Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority - Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities and more.
- We are responsible - with us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter, Josephine Hauch will be your point of contact.