We are Visual Meta, a successful and growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a central office in the middle of Berlin, we run 14 comparison shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. Together, the sites drive 700,000 sessions a day, lists 130mio offers from many thousand online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love. We offer the professionalism of an established company and the culture of a startup.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers. We create reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team that thrives to stay ahead of the curve and contributes brilliant ideas to fulfill this vision. Everyone of our 260 employees plays a vital role in our story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team.
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will be part of our in-house BI team of four individuals. Our BI team has a direct impact on our company success and provides stakeholders from all departments with complex data reports and analyses which are fundamental to make the right strategic decisions. Within this role you will have the opportunity to work with large web scale data sets and apply your analytical skills to challenging online marketing problems.
Your challenges and tasks
- You design, develop and improve our in-house business intelligence solutions
- You contribute to building dashboard and infrastructure enhancements
- You analyze, interpret and present data to the organization in a way that creates tangible company value
- You deliver actionable, data-driven insights to the organization to help shape and grow Visual Meta
- You support other departments (Sales, Marketing, Product, Quality Management, etc.) to make business critical decisions based on our data by analyzing and defining KPIs, as well as developing, modifying and maintaining reports
- You lead on the design and creation of reports with a constant effort for automation and enhancement
- You possess a university degree in a relevant academic discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional experiences
- You gained 2+ years of experience in a business or marketing intelligence, ideally within a very large data set environment
- You have a very good understanding of e-commerce/e-marketplaces and online marketing tools such as Google Analytics
- You are an expert with spreadsheets plus you have experience with data visualization (Tableau, Spotfire etc.) and data mining tools (SAS, SPSS, SQL)
- You bring a good knowledge of SQL relational and NoSQL databases
- You are experienced in working on predictive modelling problems using statistical software like R, SAS, or SPSS
- You come with the ability to translate business problems into quantitative analyses and produce insights
- You have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
What we offer
- We design code that matters - be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. hackathons)
- We love diversity - our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority - profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility - with us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you - benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together - join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter, Josephine Hauch will be your point of contact.