We are Visual Meta, a successful and growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a central office in the middle of Berlin, we run 14 comparison shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. Together, the sites drive 700,000 sessions a day, lists 130mio offers from many thousand online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love. We offer the professionalism of an established company and the culture of a startup.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers. We create reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team that thrives to stay ahead of the curve and contributes brilliant ideas to fulfill this vision. Everyone of our 260 employees plays a vital role in our story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team.
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Content Editor for our Social Media and Editing department you will directly influence the popularity of www.shopalike.cz and www.shopalike.sk by creating, aspiring and compelling content as well as bring our social media channels forward. If you love to write about fashion and lifestyle topics and are looking for a position where you can be creative and take responsibility, then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Your challenges and tasks
- You research and select new topics and trends based on your market expertise
- You compose creative and catchy content for the Czech and Slovak website, newsletters, online PR campaigns and social media channels
- You develop the social media strategy and maintain responsibility for social media content planning, publishing and Moderation
- You are in charge of editing and proofreading for clarity, grammar, accuracy, consistency and style
- You cooperate with your fellow SEO managers to create and roll out capturing online PR campaigns
- You possess some initial working experience as a content editor for a website, blog or similar
- You speak Czech and Slovak on a native level and have very good English skills
- You have strong writing skills coupled with a great sense for what consumers find believable, interesting and compelling
- You have an affinity for social media, ideally complemented be some work experience in the field
- You ideally have first experience in working with a content management system and/or Photoshop before
- You come with an analytical mindset and a good eye for details
- You show excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- You are a creative, communicative, flexible and a team-oriented personality
What we offer
- We master Marketing- Learn from one of the best performance marketing companies in Berlin
- We love diversity - Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority - Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility - With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you - Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, football, volleyball etc.)
- We enjoy spending time together - Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter, writing samples, salary expectations and your availability. Tobias Friedl will be your point of contact.