We are Visual Meta, a successful and growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a central office in the middle of Berlin, we run 14 comparison shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. Together, the sites drive 700,000 sessions a day, lists 130mio offers from many thousand online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love. We offer the professionalism of an established company and the culture of a startup.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers. We create reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team that thrives to stay ahead of the curve and contributes brilliant ideas to fulfill this vision. Everyone of our 260 employees plays a vital role in our story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team.
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Java Engineer you will be part of our team responsible for the partner shop integration. This team handles the technology for our sales department and works mainly on our partner dashboard and on salesforce. You will play an important role in all technical aspects of product synchronization and the development of our partner shop self-service portal.
Your challenges and tasks
- You are in charge of building and optimizing scalable services to keep our combined inventory of 130M+ items updated on a daily basis
- You design, develop and test all aspects of our partner shop self-service portal from UI to integrating 3rd party services like Salesforce CRM.
- You write tests and are responsible for reviewing code ensuring the best possible code quality
- You integrate and maintain developed services in production
- You hold a university degree in computer science or a related field
- You have proven development experience with Java for a minimum of 4 years as well as a good understanding of distributed systems and their complexity
- You are familiar with the development of REST APIs
- You are no stranger to frontend technologies like Angular or TypeScript
- You have sufficient knowledge about data stores such as MySQL, HBase, or InfluxDB
- You communicate fluently in spoken and written English
- You are eager to learn new technologies and to extend your knowledge
- You possess passion for beautiful and well tested code and you have an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- You feature an analytical mindset with a kick-ass “getting things done” and hands-on mentality
What we offer
- We code stuff that matters- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks)
- We love diversity- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter, Josephine Hauch will be your point of contact.