We are Visual Meta, a successful and growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a central office in the middle of Berlin, we run 14 comparison shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. Together, the sites drive 700,000 sessions a day, lists 130mio offers from many thousand online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love. We offer the professionalism of an established company and the culture of a startup.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers. We create reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team that thrives to stay ahead of the curve and contributes brilliant ideas to fulfill this vision. Everyone of our 260 employees plays a vital role in our story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team.
As a “Linux Server Administrator (f/m)” you will be working in an international team ensuring that our infrastructure and applications are running efficiently. Your main responsibilities will be configuring and monitoring our infrastructure, running applications and supporting the developers with the infrastructure requirements they need.
Your challenges and tasks
- You maintain and monitor our Linux servers (Debian GNU/Linux)
- You manage our databases and -storages (MySQL, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB)
- You take care of our Kubernetes Cluster
- You write scripts for automation and monitoring
- You configure our infrastructure with a CMS (Puppet)
- You support the build and release environment for the development team
- You are an analytically thinking mind and quick on the uptake
- You are proactive, solution oriented and thorough
- You are engaging and communicative with good English skills
- You have a very good understanding of the GNU/Linux operating system
- You feel very much at home on the command line (Bash)
- You have solid scripting skills (Bash)
- Preferably, you have a general understanding of Puppet and Hiera
- Ideally, you have a general understanding of containerization and orchestration software such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Ideally, you know about application release and deployment procedures, continuous integration and have heard of applications such as Jenkins
What we offer
- We code stuff that matters- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks)
- Opportunity to work independently and gain a lot of insight into the field of system administration
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, hackathons, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, portfolio, salary expectations and your availability. Tobias Friedl will be your point of contact.